Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Restaurants in Aliso Viejo

I hate to sound like a food snob, but we have such a mediocre selection when it comes to restaurants. Seems like our AV Town Center favors chains and franchises so much more than the individuals who can bring some excitement to our palette.

Most of the times I find that eating at home is a much better selection that what we have out there. Some of my personal favorites are 1. Thai Bite.. always fresh and delicious and not owned by some conglomerate. 2. Bagels and Brew have some nice salads and sandwiches. 3. Pannini Grill makes good kabobs.. not that crazy about their rice or Greek Salad, a huge disappointment and frankly I miss the Italian place that used to me there.. It was too authentic.. and went away.

I will run into Wahoo's occasionally for a quick healthier mexican food, but really it's nothing to write about. It kind of bugs me that one guy owned the Chinese, other Thai place and the Sushi Bar. His chinese biz went down the tubes.. and people love his sushi.. but I prefer Zen Sushi in the Target Center.

In any case, I'd love to see more individuals opening interesting food places.. I don't get that excited about Chick Fil A .. in fact I thought it was awful and greasy and really wonder what all the fuss is about. People say that they like the sweet tea. . do they know that is full of sugar and just as bad as soft drinks? I think an Italian chicken cutlet is way more delicious and think I'm going to post a video on that on my cooking blog.

How about a really nice espresso and bakery? Or a homemade soup place? Or an Artisan Bread Shop ? Cheese Shop? Wine shop? It's kind of sad when you go from one town to another and see the same businesses all over again.

Does anyone else feel like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment